Sunday 30 November 2008

Boredom, I Don't Get It

I often hear people complain that they are bored and i simply cannot grasp the concept. Boredom. What is it?

They have nothing to do? No, that can't be right -- there is always too much to do, for all of us, we can never do all that we want to in these fourscore years and ten or so. I am looking forward to the introduction of the 36-hour day, just for the added 12 hours of music-listening time!

They're not interested in what they are doing? No, that can't be right either: surely they wouldn't be doing it if they weren't interested in it. I mean, why bother?

I just don't understand it.

Maybe you have to be a boring person to be bored?

It's baffling.

1 comment:

anymusicmania said...

I couldn't agree more. I am NEVER bored. People assume because I am not working that I MUST be bored. No, just broke. LOL