Friday 6 March 2009

Some Idiot


I know, I’ve been very remiss in keeping this blog going. Number one I’ve been busy, number two I’ve been experiencing some major computer probs -- a massive slowdown which was making me crazy, as I spend so much of my life on the damn’ thing. But I think I’ve solved the problem(s) and here’s a new (to me) Rory video in atonement.



Rory Gallagher, “Off The Handle”

I came home from work tonight, turned on the PC and, as I waited for it to boot, went into the kitchen to feed dear Watson (that's Watson above). All of a sudden, I heard a screeching, grinding noise. Oh, no! sez I, that’s the sound of a hard drive in its death throes. (Considering my recent difficulties with the stupid machine, it was an easy conclusion to jump to.)

Wrong again. It was some idiot with his remote-controlled mini-SUV, racing the thing up and down in front of my front window. Grrr. (Anyway he has gone away now, leaving me to listen to the reassuring hum of a healthy hard drive and a Rod Stewart & The Faces bootleg (Detroit 1974).

No comments: