Sunday 1 November 2009

Chantal Kreviazuk

Robertson Davies Quote Of The Day: "He came of a generation to which any girl, before she is married, is a kind of unexploded bomb." (Tempest-Tost, 1951)

Anyway, i just bought Chantal's new CD, "Plain Jane." (I'd much rather buy an actual physical CD than download, but so much of the stuff i want is unobtainable through my friendly local dealer.)* I do like her music. I love her voice, she has a gift for melody and she's been around for long enough that professionalism shines through. This is delicious stuff.

-------------
* I've probably told the story of my attempt to buy Jack Bruce's CD "Spirit" via my FLD: he said he could get it, i ordered it, 4 months later it still hadn't arrived and so i reluctantly downloaded it. The next week it arrived at my FLD's. This sort of nonsense must be as frustrating for him as it is for me and it goes a long way towards explaining why the record labels are in such trouble.

No comments: