Sunday 15 November 2009

Happy Sunday -- Again


Quote of the day: “One must have a heart of stone to read the death of little Nell without laughing.” – Oscar Wilde

Bought this DVD yesterday. I haven’t watched it yet but of course I’ve seen the film many times. (Steve at the DVD shop said “they don’t make them like that anymore.” Too right.) Basil Rathbone will always be the best Sherlock Holmes in my eyes – he’s the one I grew up with, and back in the days when I smoked pot, whilst my friends were getting high and listening to Hendrix or Pink Floyd, I was watching Basil as Sherlock. I was a weird kid.

https://download.yousendit.com/ZW9CeFVWeWFqV0IzZUE9PQ

That’s the link for a really rather tasty version of “Who’s That Comin’” from Rory’s Cowtown bootleg.

I just came in from my (very occasional) part-time job as a janitor. I generally only do it once or twice a month – three hours’ worth of sweeping and mopping. I’d love to do it more often, though: I enjoy it (mostly), it’s a lot easier than my “other” job – and much better paid, too.

No comments: