Saturday 2 January 2010

Happy 2010!

Gadzooks, this has been bad. My attempts at a year-end wrap-up have been hampered by the fact that i came down with a nasty cold right after Boxing Day. Ahh-CHOOO, etc. It was the oddest cold i've ever had: whilst never actually laying me flat out, it seemed to yomp through my system, affecting different parts of me every couple of hours.

It started with the congestion, and that remained a constant throughout, but then it went from my stomach to my sinuses, travelled down to my back muscles, then it went behind my eyes, then my kidneys ... it was like a cyber-hacker, probing a system for vulnerabilities. Anyway, the upshot was that i wound up going to bed early every night and sleeping in every morning and i think it's finally stopped attacking. Just a few residual sniffles, now.

Anyway, in case you're interested, here's what i've read this year (with the date i finished reading it):

Jan. 22 George MacDonald Fraser – Flashman On The March

Feb. 15 Ian Rankin – Exit Music

Mar. 25 J.K. Rowling – Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows

Apr. 1 Nick Hornby – Shakespeare Wrote For Money
Apr. 26 Jessica Grant – Come, Thou Tortoise

May 19 Nicolas Freeling – Castang’s City

Jun. 2 Nicolas Freeling – The Seacoast Of Bohemia
Jun. 14 Nicolas Freeling – Gadget

Jul. 2 Nicolas Freeling – A City Solitary
Jul. 15 Nicolas Freeling – This Is The Castle
Jul. 27 Nicolas Freeling – The Dresden Green

Aug. 7 Nicolas Freeling – Tsing-Boom
Aug. 19 Nicolas Freeling – Double Barrel
Aug. 27 Evelyn Waugh – Vile Bodies

Sept. 8 Douglas Adams – Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency
Sept. 18 Lyanda Lynn Haupt – Crow Planet

Oct. 3 Anthony Powell – A Question Of Upbringing
Oct. 23 Anthony Powell – A Buyer’s Market
Oct. 27 Astrid Brunner – My Aschi, My Pericles!

Nov. 12 Robertson Davies – Tempest-Tost
Nov. 24 Nicolas Freeling – Gun Before Butter

Dec. 10 Anthony Powell – The Acceptance World


Before i bought my first computer (it ran Windows 95) i would read one or two books a week. Now i read one or two a month (if that). But as they say, the Internet is TV for people who read LOL

No comments: