Sunday 7 March 2010

I Have A Problem With "Issues"

Quotation of the day: The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits (Anon.)

When was the word "problem" replaced by, or become euphemised as, "issue?" It's not a problem, it's an issue. Houston, we have an issue... Well, i hate it. I think it's one of those trendy management buzzwords designed to sanitize everything and make sure no one gets upset. We're up to our ankles in water at work, but we don't have a plumbing problem, we have an issue.

Well, i don't have an issue, i have a bloody problem: my socks are soaking wet.

Oh, and guess who, at my work, has just embraced the word? Stinky the egregious, appalling salad girl -- i'd never heard her use it until yesterday, but she used it about four times. I'm a great believer in enlarging one's vocabulary; trust her to screw it up.

No comments: