Tuesday 21 June 2011

And The First Day Of Summer ....

Quotation of the day: John Sebastian -- Hot town, summer in the city / Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty / Been down, isn't it a pity / Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city

As some of you will know, i (as penance for the sins of my previous life) make my living as a cook.  I always work weekends (today -- Tuesday -- is my only day off) and this past Sunday was Father's Day.  Traditionally, it's a busier-than-usual Sunday, not as crazy as Mother's Day, but very busy.  This year, Sunday -- and Saturday for the matter of that -- were insane.  (There was also a ball tournament in town, and i've written before about how much the restaurants here, hate the ball teams http://spriggsblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/working-for-living.html ....)

I left on Sunday feeling utterly shattered, drenched with sweat and miserable.  How did i ever get into this schtoopid business, moan groan, poor me, etc.  In fact i'm only now starting to feel alive again.

However, Tuesday, the only day i really have to do housework, i'm wasting it with my butt parked in front of the computer....  Oh, i cleaned Cate's litterbox earlier, made breakfast, had a bath, shampooed a rug, but there are so many other things to do and guess what, i ain't doin' nuffink else today.  (I tell a lie, i have to do laundry later.  I have no more clean work uniforms.)

What i intend to do, after i log off here is (a) have some lunch and (b) watch my favourite Marx Brothers movie

















And it's the first day of summer....

No comments: