And so, on Saturday, i needed something to read and was wandering aimlessly around a local book shop and came across this:
- Now, i've never used a Mac in my life, but i'm fascinated by the early days of computers and he seemed like an interesting dude (and besides, it was on sale) and i have to say, "woot!"
- I'm only up to page 100, but it's a fascinating and compelling read.
- Mr Jobs wasn't a brilliant engineer -- and he could sometimes be a very abrasive person. But it was his partner Steve Wozniak -- who was a brilliant engineer -- who invented the personal computer. I didn't know that. I supposed that it was Bill Gates, or someone at Microsoft. Wrong again!
- Mr Jobs was, however, brilliant at marketing. The alliance of Jobs & Wozniak appears to have been one of those brilliant synergistic partnerships that only arise once in a decade, like Lennon & McCartney or, um, Graham Linehan & Arthur Matthews.
- The book is highly recommended.