Tuesday 24 January 2012

Spriggsblog Goes To The Book Shop

Quotation Of The Day: Steve Jobs -- Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.

And so, on Saturday, i needed something to read and was wandering aimlessly around a local book shop and came across this:
Now, i've never used a Mac in my life, but i'm fascinated by the early days of computers and he seemed like an interesting dude (and besides, it was on sale) and i have to say, "woot!"

I'm only up to page 100, but it's a fascinating and compelling read.

Mr Jobs wasn't a brilliant engineer -- and he could sometimes be a very abrasive person.  But it was his partner Steve Wozniak -- who was a brilliant engineer -- who invented the personal computer.  I didn't know that.  I supposed that it was Bill Gates, or someone at Microsoft.  Wrong again!

Mr Jobs was, however, brilliant at marketing.  The alliance of Jobs & Wozniak appears to have been one of those brilliant synergistic partnerships that only arise once in a decade, like Lennon & McCartney or, um, Graham Linehan & Arthur Matthews.

The book is highly recommended.


3 comments:

anymusicmania said...

Been reading more lately. Will add this to the list. I love everything APPLE! :-)

Freg said...

I wish i had more time to read.

Anonymous said...

Today, while I was at work, my cousin stole my
iPad and tested to see if it can survive a thirty foot drop,
just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is
now destroyed and she has 83 views. I know this
is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!


Look at my webpage; check cash advance online