Tuesday 21 February 2012

My Day Off

Quotation of the day: W.C Fields -- Some weasel took the cork out of my lunch.

Je suis, as we say in French, pissed off. My day off, right?  And as my regular reader will know, i only get one a week. (I'm supposed to get one and a half, but the half-day off rarely happens.)

This morning, i had to 'phone my landlord.  I have a leaking tap in my bathtub, and a leaking tap in my kitchen.  I really hate having anyone in my apartment if i'm not there, and so i stayed in all day awaiting a plumber.

This afternoon, around 4 o'clock, aforementioned abovementioned landlord called -- the plumber will be here tomorrow.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

So (a) my day off is wasted, in fruitless waiting and (b) someone will be here tomorrow when i'm not.

Well, maybe it wasn't entirely wasted -- i watched four (yes, four) episodes of "Hill Street Blues."

What a great series that was....

1 comment:

anymusicmania said...

I'm sure cate likd having you home. :-)