Wednesday 11 April 2012

Sighs Pathetically

Quotation of the day: Groucho Marx ~ I've worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.

As i continually lament, i rarely have time to post to this blog except on my day off,  and i know how disappointed you, my devoted reader, is by this sorry state of affairs.  (Every blog in existence has at least one devoted reader, of course.)

Today, though, isn't my day off.  My equivalent of the Sabbath was yesterday, yet i posted nothing, nil, zilch.  Wha' happen'?

Don't ask.

Oh, well, if you must know, i spent a good part of the day cleaning my studio apartment, or tenement, or whatever you wish to call it.  The fashionably scruffy place where i hang my titfer. In the afternoon, i watched a film i hadn't seen in a long, long time, and was very impressed:
















I'd forgotten how good it is!  (And Al Pacino is always worth watching.)

Then i sat down at the computer, caught up on email (almost) and when i looked up from the screen it was 45 minutes past my dinner time.  (Not that i'm a computer addict, or anything....)

I didn't even get the laundry done, which is unheard of, for my day of so-called rest.

Oh, and as i know you care, here's what i've listened to this week:

Tuesday:

"Guys And Dolls" (1992 Broadway Revival Cast recording)
Bob Dylan, Royal Albert Hall 1966, disc 2
Dusty Springfield, "Dusty ... Definitely"

Wednesday:

Dusty Springfield, "Dusty ... Definitely" (love Dusty!)
The Trews, "Hope & Ruin"

Thursday:

The Whiskey Howl Big Band: Live At El Mocambo

Friday:

Coleman Hawkins, Body and Soul
Jack Bruce, Live In America

Saturday:

Seether, Karma And Effect
Bruce Springsteen, Wrecking Ball
Jethro Tull, Aqualung Live
The Waterboys, Fisherman's Blues

Sunday:

Florence And The Machine, Ceremonials
Freddie King, Winterland 1970
Brian Auger, Search Party

Monday:

Talk Talk, Laughing Stock
Marillion, Misplaced Childhood
Various Artists, The Mississippi Sheiks Tribute Concert, 2010

Tuesday:

The Byrds, 5D
Rod Stewart, Gasoline Alley
Bruce Guthro, Celtic Crossing
Steeleye Span, Now We Are Six Again
Syrinx, Long Lost Relatives

No comments: