Sunday 18 September 2016

KSHE Klassics, Sept. 18, 2016



Quotation du jour: Syd Barrett ~I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway.

As some of you may have gathered, the Sunday morning Klassics show is a highlight of my week, but i had a bit of a panic this morning. The program begins at 9 a.m. (my time) and at 8:15 we had a power outage. It didn't last long, but when i restarted my computer ... no Internet connection! The first thing i did -- as usual when this happens -- was re-boot the modem and the router, and that generally solves the problem. Not this time.

Then i used my iPad to check the connection: the connection was fine, it was my PC that was having a problem. Time was marching on, though -- it was about 8:45 by now. So, rather than run Windows built-in network troubleshooter (which is time-consuming and usually useless anyway), i re-booted. It worked! I had my connection back by 8:55. Whew....

Bruce Springsteen -- Kitty's Back
Charlie Daniels Band -- Orange Blossom Special
Moxy -- Sail On Sail Away
Trooper -- Round Round We Go
The Hooters -- All You Zombies
Electric Light Orchestra -- Ma-Ma-Ma-Belle
Kansas -- The Wall
Arlo Guthrie -- Coming Into Los Angeles
Pat Travers -- Boom Boom (live)
Sherbs -- No Turning Back
Yes -- Wonderous Stories
Peter Frampton -- Lines On My Face
The Marshall Tucker Band -- Fire On The Mountain
Denim -- Throw Away
Elton John -- Harmony
Sugarloaf -- Don't Call Us, We'll Call You
Lake -- Paradise Way
Humble Pie -- 30 Days In The Hole
Steely Dan -- The Fez
Jo Jo Gunne -- Run Run Run
Shooting Star -- Breakout
Jefferson Airplane -- Volunteers
John Mellencamp -- Hot Night In A Cold Town
The Allman Brothers Band -- Statesboro Blues
Tony Carey -- The First Day Of Summer
Pete Townshend -- Rough Boys
Dr Hook -- Cover Of The Rolling Stone
Judas Priest -- The Ripper
Michael Stanley -- Let's Get The Show On The Road
Todd Rundgren -- Real Man
Bachman-Turner Overdrive -- Looking Out For Number One
Creedence Clearwater Revival -- Sweet Hitch-Hiker
Rory Gallagher -- Edged In Blue
Loggins & Messina -- Nobody But You
Wet Willie -- No No No
Rod Stewart -- Hot Legs
The Moody Blues -- I'm Just A Singer (In A Rock 'n' Roll Band)
The Grateful Dead -- I Need A Miracle
Starz -- (She's Just A) Fallen Angel
Fleetwood Mac -- Danny's Chant

And my own personal playlist for the week:

Sandy Denny -- Sandy
Dan Fogelberg -- High Country Snows
Saga-- Saga
Little Johnny England -- Tournament Of Shadows
Nanci Griffith -- Other Voices, Other Rooms
Yes -- Going ForThe One
Pink Floyd -- A Momentary Lapse Of Reason
Bruce Springsteen -- The Rising
The Tragically Hip -- Up To Here
Dan Fogelberg -- Captured Angel
Jeff Beck -- Loud Hailer
Peter Hammill -- A Black Box
Genesis -- Nursery Cryme
Roger McGuinn -- Roger McGuinn
Dan Fogelberg -- Love Songs
Pink Floyd -- The Endless River
Genesis -- A Trick Of The Tail
Pink Floyd -- Obscured By Clouds
Creedence Clearwater Revival -- Bayou Country
Marillion -- Clutching At Straws

No comments: