Tuesday 26 December 2017

I Have A Borderline Personality Disorder? Who Hasn't!

I once had a doctor suggest to me, that i might, just might, suffer from a mild form of autism called Asperger's Syndrome, because, let's face it, i can be socially awkward and am very introverted. But i pointed out to him that i don't exactly "suffer." I'm 100 % fine with it and thoroughly enjoy being on my own. Sure, i have friends whose company i enjoy -- although i don't actively seek it out. On the rare occasions we arrange to meet, i dread it, but when i get there it's fine.

But there's another aspect to this -- a BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder). It manifests itself as a hyper-sensitivity to music. Whether i'm drunk or sober, a sad song can make me cry. A beautiful song can make me weep with joy. And Muzak drives me nucking futs! I was at the dentist's last week and they had country music on and it was almost as painful as the procedure. I've completely stopped going into Kelsey's pub -- the drinking establishment that's closest to where i live -- because the music is so horrible: all this pop music and hip-hop garbage. Another nearby watering hole, Crabby Joe's, a sports bar so not really my type of place to begin with, can be all right -- sometimes they play classic rock and i love that schtuff. But sometimes they play pop and hip-hop. I do go in there maybe once a week, but it's always risky. I like what they play at Bentley's Bar & Inn, but it's a twenty minute walk away and when it's -14 and snowing, i don't make the trek that often....

I'm not saying that it sucks to be me, but it would be nice to be able to listen to music without the waterworks starting and my faves will often do that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...


I'll bet there are one or two CDs in this collection that would bring tears to your eyes. Passing on the link in case you've been long-seeking an elusive disc or two. Who knows, maybe they have it.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cd-dvd-blu-ray/sault-ste-marie/estate-sale-over-7000-cds-in-perfect-condition/1220600420?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Freg said...

Thanks, Anon: i contacted the poster and asked for the complete list of what's on offer.

Anonymous said...

I don't even understand how I finished up right here,
however I thought this submit was good. I don't understand who you might be but certainly you are going to a famous blogger should you
aren't already. Cheers!