Monday 1 December 2008

Keep the change?!?

Has anyone else noticed a rather distressing tendency to keep the change, lately?

I went to buy some stationery the other day, at a shop whose name i shall not name (although its initials are UPS); my bill was $14.85. I handed over $15.00 and ... received nothing back and the cashier disappeared. I left, disgruntled and promising never to go there again. And i shan't.

Restaurants are worse though. I went for lunch today, my bill was $13.70, i gave the server $14.00 and was given no change. Normally, for a $13.70 lunch, i would tip $2.00. Not today: the server blew it. He assumed his thirty cents and that's all he received.

Fa-la-la, 'tis the season to be grumpy, etc.

Oh, hey, i just downloaded The Rolling Stones' 1970 album "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out." They're pretty good -- they may catch on ;o)

No comments: