Tuesday 20 April 2010

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote of le jour:  Woody Allen: Sex without love is an empty experience, but as empty experiences go it's one of the best.

I've just begun to appreciate that i am one of the wealthiest people on the planet.

Unlike 90% of the population, i have shelter, i have so much food that when i open the door of my refrigerator's freezer compartment the stuff falls out, i have high speed Internet, and i have friends who love me.

But what makes me wealthy beyond the dreams of avarice, is that i don't need anything.  Oh, sure, there are loads of things i'd like to have, but i want for nothing.

I know people -- whether they make less or more money than i do is quite irrelevant -- who are constantly moaning that they need this or need that; they'll never be happy because they will never have all that they "need." What they really need is a swift kick and an awareness lesson or two.

No comments: