Monday 15 April 2013

CD Collection 8 + Welcome to Canada

Quotation of the day ~ Robert Byrne: Winter is nature's way of saying, "Up yours.” 

Okay, here it is, April 15th, and i think, maybe, Spring has sprung, it's lovely & mild today, but we had an ice storm on Thursday and here's what my town looked like on Friday morning:

Yes, what a delight it was, walking to work across a sheet of ice, with big chunks of the stuff falling from the trees onto my head along the way.

But that wasn't the worst of it by any means. A large part of the town lost power.

(I didn't -- my only outage was for a few seconds on Friday morning, it was just out for long enough that i had to reset all of my digital clocks.)

Even now, as i write four days later, power is still out in some quarters.

Now i, as i've written, make my living (such as it is) as a cook. This is my penance for the sins of a previous life. I accept it, my punishment. But this weekend was above and beyond....

Half of the population without power, they still have to eat. I imagine that every hospitality industry worker here is now suffering from hypertension. So many people to feed, so many of them cold and grumpy.... I am knackered.

So here are some more CD covers:


















And of course, the playlist:

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cosmo's Factory
Van der Graaf Generator - Godbluff
Terje Rypdal - Waves
The Tragically Hip - Up To Here
Jethro Tull - Nightcap
Various Artists - On The Road Again: An Anthology Of Chicago Blues 1947-1954
The Beatles - Revolver
Argent - All Together Now
John Lennon - Power To The People
Wolfmother - Cosmic Egg
Paul Simon - Live In New York City
Jethro Tull - Benefit
Colin James - Twentyfive Live
Ian Anderson - Ian Anderson Plays The Orchestral Jethro Tull
Thunder - Back Street Symphony
Buckwheat Zydeco - The Buckwheat Zydeco Story: A Twenty Year Party

No comments: