Monday 6 August 2018

KSHE Klassics Show, August 5th, 2018



Quotation du jour: Bob Dylan ~ This land is your land and this land is my land, sure, but the world is run by those that never listen to music anyway.

[As you may or may not know, i live in Canada, and for some reason KSHE doesn't stream their audio to here. I have to connect via a VPN to spoof a non-Canadian address. This week, according to https://whatismyipaddress.com/, i was listening from New York City again. Great! I love NYC.]

I must confess that, before today's show began, I was worried. Yes, I was: I was listening to Radio Paradise, and their audio stream kept dropping every few minutes. I tried re-booting the modem and the router, but that didn't seem to help and I thought, if this keeps up, The Klassics Show could be a disconcering listening experience. I'm well aware that my Internet connection isn't the greatest, thanks to my noisy 'phone line, but, as it turned out, KSHE's audio stream was virtually uninterrupted for the full four hours. (The were two momentary dropouts, nothing to tear one's hair out over.) So I suppose the problem must have been at Radio Paradise's end.

As for today's show, i'm reluctantly giving it an A Minus. There was nothing that I hated, but it included too much that was merely “okay”. Jimmy Spheeris? Michael Fennelly? Judas Priest (a band I didn't really think belonged here anyway)? Automatic Man? Yawn. But there was quite a lot that I loved, too, and I think I almost came very close to being on the verge of tears when Uman played that beautiful Renaissance song, which was definitely the highlight for me.

And lookie there! It's Sugarloaf Mountain a.k.a. Pão de Açúcar in Rio de Janeiro (1299 feet if you must know).



Sugarloaf – Green-Eyed Lady
Lynyrd Skynyrd – I Know A Little
Trooper – Knock 'Em Dead Kid
The Youngbloods – Darkness, Darkness
Jimmy Spheeris – I Am The Mercury
Todd Rundgren – Can We Still Be Friends
Michael Fennelly – Touch My Soul
Gerry Rafferty – Right Down The Line
Giuffria – Call To The Heart
Santana – Everybody's Everything
The Amboy Dukes – Journey To The Center Of The Mind
The Allman Brothers Band – One Way Out
Russ Ballard – Rene Didn't Do It
Yes – America
April Wine – Shot Down
John Mellencamp – Hot Night In A Cold Town
The Alan Parsons Project – I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You
Blue Őyster Cult – Shooting Shark
The Michael Stanley Band – Nothing's Gonna Change My Mind
Grinderswitch – Higher Ground
Little Feat – Fat Man In The Bathtub
Thin Lizzy – Showdown
Gary Wright – Love Is Alive
Wings – Venus And Mars Rock Show
Renaissance – Northern Lights
Montrose – I Got The Fire
The Doobie Brothers – Jesus Is Just Alright
Van Morrison – Moondance
The Byrds – So You Want To Be A Rock & Roll Star
38 Special – Stone Cold Believer
Judas Priest – The Ripper
Automatic Man – My Pearl
Elton John – Where To Now St Peter
Brownsville Station – Lady (Put The Light On Me)
The Moody Blues – Legend Of A Mind
The Dixon House Band – Sooner Or Later
Pete Townshend – Rough Boys
Joe Walsh – Turn To Stone
Nazareth – Razamanaz
Jethro Tull – Thick As A Brick (not the full album, but a radio edit)
Flash And The Pan – Down Among The Dead Men

It's an unusually long list of the schtuff we played at home to annoy the neighbours this week. What annoyed them even more – and the reason for the list's length – was that I had the week off. Bwahaha!

Cheryl Dilcher – Special Songs
Peter Hammill – Skin
The Who – Who's Next
Terje Rypdal – After The Rain
Cassandra Wilson – Silver Pony
James Taylor – Greatest Hits, Vol. 2
Mark Knopfler – Shangri-La
Marillion – All One Tonight
Runrig – Live At Celtic Connections, 2000
French, Frith, Kaiser, Thompson – Invisible Means
June Tabor – Aqaba
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – Déjà Vu
Capercaillie – Sidewaulk
Caro Emerald – Live From Emerald Island
Dan Fogelberg – River Of Souls
Fairport Convention – Jewel In The Crown
Wolfscote – Turn The Glass
Tyrannosaurus Rex – A Beard Of Stars
Steely Dan – Countdown To Ecstasy
Propaganda – A Secret Wish
Steeleye Span – Tempted And Tried
Wishbone Ash – Thirtieth Anniversary Concert (DVD)
Lyle Lovett – Pontiac
Yes – Tales From Topographic Oceans
Rory Gallagher – Deuce
Cocteau Twins – Heaven Or Las Vegas
The Kinks – Misfits
Davy Spillane – Atlantic Bridge
Genesis – Selling England By The Pound
Elvis Costello – Spike
Various Artists – City Of Angels (O.S.T.)
Dick Gaughan – Gaughan
The Albion Band – Acousticity
Jeff Beck – Emotion And Commotion
Various Artists – The Who Covered
Laurie Anderson & Kronos Quartet – Landfall
Siouxsie & The Banshees – The Rapture
Terje Rypdal & David Darling – Eos
The Beatles – A Hard Day's Night
Flash – Flash
Patti Smith – Outside Society
Spirit – Clear
Steeleye Span – Hark! The Village Wait
Peter Hammill – Fools Mate
Roger McGuinn – Live From Mars
Pink Floyd – Animals
Randy Newman – Little Criminals

No comments: