Monday 17 December 2018

KSHE KLASSICS SHOW, DEC. 16Th, 2018



Quotation du jour ~ William Shakespeare: If music be the food of love, play on.

[As you may or may not know, i live in Canada, and for some reason KSHE doesn't stream their audio to here and i have to connect via a VPN, to spoof a non-Canadian address. This week, according to https://whatismyipaddress.com/ i was listening from San Francisco.]

Boy, did i ever need this show today. I've had a brutal week.

Last Sunday, my ISP shut down my email account. I realised this when i couldn't send or receive messages. I called tech support on Monday and they said that my account had been spewing spam on Sunday morning (as i was listening to this show). So i changed my password and was back to normal ... for a while.

On Tuesday, my PC died, and i've been so damned busy at work (my other job, that is) – starting early and staying late virtually every day – that i haven't found the time to take it in to the shop. I'm writing this on my old laptop, which is slow but functional.

But therein was another problem – when i tried to log in to email on the laptop with the new password, i couldn't. Oh, what fresh hell is this, i moaned. It took me a few days but i solved it (i'm not just another pretty face after all!) My new password includes a couple of hashtags, but when i typed # on the laptop, a would appear. (Well, they are both “pound” signs.) Of course, when typing a password, this wouldn't be visible. I eventually discovered that the laptop had somehow switched to a British English keyboard, instead of a Canadian English one. Solved!

But, enough about me (remembering of course that all of my posts are all about me, tra la). On to the music...

...and damned good it was. This instalment definitely merits an A. (It's not really fair to penalise the show itself for all of the friggin' Christmas ads they had to play, that's a corporate decision and everyone has to make a living.) The songs by Renaissance, The Move, James Taylor, Genesis and Mama's Pride were almost enough to kick it up to A+ and there was certainly nothing that annoyed me. Well, apart from the computer....



Barclay James Harvest – Titles
The Ozark Mountain Daredevils – If I Only Knew
U2 – I Will Follow
Traffic – Medicated Goo
Kansas – Song For America
The Atlanta Rhythm Section – Mixed Emotions
Derek & The Dominos – Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad
The Who – Happy Jack
James Taylor – Sweet Baby James
The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Manic Depression
Graham Parker – Don't Ask Me Questions
Dave Mason – Let It Go, Let It Flow
The Michael Stanley Band – My Town (St Louis!)
Nazareth – This Flight Tonight
The Move – Feel Too Good
Steely Dan – Black Friday
Jefferson Starship – Stranger
Yes – Changes
Asia – Time Again
The Sutherland Brothers & Quiver – (I Don't Want To Love You But) You Got Me Anyway
Joe Walsh – Welcome To The Club
Foreigner – Woman Oh Woman
Jackson Browne – Rock Me On The Water
Bruce Springsteen – Kitty's Back
Mama's Pride – In The Morning
The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown – Fire
Journey – On A Saturday Night
Utopia – Love Is The Answer
Sammy Hagar – The Ice Man
The Little River Band – I'll Always Call Your Name
The Electric Light Orchestra – Rockaria!
Deep Purple – Space Truckin'
Renaissance – Mother Russia
Bob Seger – If I Were A Carpenter
The Kinks – Tired Of Waiting For You
Michael Knott – Shine A Light
Genesis – The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

This -- you may be relieved to know -- is an abbreviated list of the CDs i forced on Cate this week. Tuesday to Sunday only. You'll recall my PC died on Tuesday and my playlist for Sunday and Monday was on it.

Renaissance -- A Song For All Seasons
Santana -- Milagro
Various Artists -- Peter And The Wolf
Steeleye Span -- Winter
Jethro Tull -- This Was
Various Artists -- Two Rooms: Celebrating The Songs Of Elton John & Bernie Taupin
Jane Siberry -- City
Genesis -- Foxtrot
Afro Celt Sound System -- Flight
The Hooters -- Hooterization: A Retrospective
Jefferson Airplane -- After Bathing At Baxter's
Fairport Convention -- Jewel In The Crown
Kate Rusby & Kathryn Roberts -- Kate Rusby & Kathryn Roberts
Steve Reich -- Different Trains

No comments: