Thursday 8 April 2021

COVID-19 Update, Ontario Edition

 



As my dear old Dad used to say to me, people are stupid.


Last Saturday, Premier Doug Ford declared province-wide lockdown #3. I left work on Saturday afternoon and the streets were full of cars. It seemed to me that a lot of people had reacted to the lockdown by saying “Yay, let's go to Walmart!” (I walked past their parking lot and it was jam-packed.) What the f*** is wrong with people????


Today, Mr Ford instated a “stay at home” order. This seems to have worked. All afternoon we were all receiving emergency alerts on our phones reminding us that it's against the law now to go out except for essentials. (Fortunately, beer is considered an essential!) The streets were certainly quieter than they had been.


I went out: to the drug store, i needed a prescription renewed. And the grocery, for cat food (and beer tra la), And it staggers me how many people still don't know how to wear a mask properly.


I predict that this thing is going to go on for another year at least. I sympathise with the small businesses that are dying but it's our fellow irresponsible citizens who are responsible. And i shall become more and more distanced from the human race....




No comments: