Monday 24 September 2018

KSHE Klassics Show, Sept. 23rd, 2018


Quotation du jour: St Teresa Of Avila ~ May God protect me against gloomy saints.

[As you may or may not know, i live in Canada, and for some reason KSHE doesn't stream their audio to here. I have to connect via a VPN to spoof a non-Canadian address. This week, according to https://whatismyipaddress.com/, i was listening from New York City, as has been usual recently.]

To be honest, it was the Dan Fogelberg song that saved this week's show from a B+ rating – and it wasn't even one of Dan's best songs. The automatic A+ was barely merited: it was far from being a stellar installment. The show started off slowly, the first hour had little to recommend it (and the Ted Nugent song was embarrassingly bad, although it was a live performance and the audience obviously loved it, so what do I know?) but eventually it took off. It never really soared, though.

Apart from the above-mentioned number by Da Nuge, there was nothing this morning that I actively disliked: most of the music was fine and it was still the highlight of my week. The thing is, there was very little I can honestly say I loved. (This blog is all about me, of course! Disagree? Start yer own damn blog, Cate!) The Dan, obviously; The Eagles, Peter Gabriel, The Fabulous Thunderbirds. Warren Zevon.... IMFFHO, though, the best selection today was The Allman Brothers Band's. They're a group I like more now than I did back in their heyday.

Here's Bob Welch. R.I.P.



Bob Welch – Hot Love, Cold World
The Outlaws – Freeborn Man
Foghat – Take Me To The River
Santana – Lightning In The Sky
Ted Nugent – Papa's Will
Lake – Chasing Colors
Spys – Don't Run My Life
Peter Frampton – (I'll Give You) Money
Slade – How Does It Feel?
The Band – Stage Fright
Supertramp – Lover Boy
Eagles – Midnight Flyer
Batdorf & Rodney – Home Again
Dickie Betts – Long Time Gone
The Marshall Tucker Band – Never Trust A Stranger
Steppenwolf – Monster
Sea Level – That's Your Secret
Henry Lee Summer – I Wish I Had A Girl
Elton John – Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy
Rush – Making Memories
The Animals – Monterey
Poco – Crazy Eyes
The Faith Band – Touchy Situation
The J. Geils Band – Hard Drivin' Man
The Fabulous Thunderbirds – Tuff Enuff
Dan Fogelberg – Times Like These
Steve Gibbons – Down In The Bunker
Peter Gabriel – That Voice Again
The Ozark Mountain Daredevils – You Know Like I Know
The Allman Brothers Band – In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed
Z.Z. Top – Party On The Radio
The Little River Band – Take It Easy On Me
The Souther-Hillman-Furay Band – Fallin' In Love
Warren Zevon – Werewolves Of London

I tell people that I listen to a wide variety of musics, but, looking over the list of the albums I played at home this week, it ain't that eclectic. Classic rock, blues-rock, folk and folk-rock mostly. I may have to re-define myself.

Rory Gallagher – Top Priority
The Kinks – (The Kinks Are) The Village Green Preservation Society
Manfred Mann's Earthband – Chance
Yes – Tormato
Richard Thompson – 13 Rivers
Florence + The Machine – High As Hope
The Kinks – Sleepwalker
Runrig – Heartland
Dick Gaughan – Gaughan
Various Artists – Angel Heart (O.S.T.)
Warren Zevon – Excitable Boy
The White Stripes – Elephant
Pink Floyd – A Momentary Lapse Of Reason
Planxty – One Night In Bremen
Harry Nilsson – Pussycats
Various Artists – Morris On The Road
Chicago – Chicago VI
Silly Wizard – A Glint Of Silver
The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Are You Experienced?
Various Artists – Big Blue Ball
John Fogerty – Revival
Peter Gabriel – Birdy
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – Déjà Vu
Rod Stewart – Every Picture Tells A Story
Jeff Beck – Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop
Peter Hammill – Fool's Mate
Ray Davies – Our Country: Americana Act ii
Paul Simon – In The Blue Light
Enya – Enya
Little Johnny England – Mercs And Cherokees
Dan Fogelberg – Full Circle
Jack Bruce – Harmony Row
Saga – Silent Knight
Steeleye Span – Rocket Cottage

No comments: