Monday 18 November 2019

KSHE KLASSICS SHOW, November 17th, 2019

Quotation Of The Week ~ Voltaire: The ear is the avenue to the heart.

[As you may or may not know, i live in Canada, and for some reason KSHE doesn't stream their audio to here; i have to connect via a VPN, to spoof a non-Canadian address. This week, according to https://whatismyipaddress.com/ i was stuck inside of Cheney (Kansas) with the Memphis blues again.] [Hey, it's a small town – not much to do here but listen to the radio.]

It's a difficult one to grade this week. Yes, it gets A+ for including Dan Fogelberg, but his two albums with Tim Weisberg are a long way from being favourites. Ironically, considering the fact that the track was “The Power Of Gold,” Weisberg sued Fogelberg for breach of contract after their second collaboration CD. I guess the message (i.e., money is evil) was lost somewhere....

Otherwise, it was a very good if not a Snuffles the dog floating to the ceiling in ecstasy edition. We had Humble Pie, we had The Allman Brothers, Greg Kihn, Van Morrison, The Sutherland Brothers, Eagles, Poco and Steely Dan. But then we also had U2 (a group i don't really believe belongs on this show – although i do like some of their music). REO Speedwagon (ugh) and, er, Wiggy Bits (?), and a Styx song about romancing a 17-year old girl, which made me feel more than a little uncomfortable to be honest...

Oh, look! There's Snuffles! Guess he was listening to last week's show....



Dan Fogelberg & Tim Weisberg – The Power Of Gold
Alvin Lee & Mylon LeFevre – So Sad (No Love Of His Own)
Chris Rea – Working On It
Humble Pie – I Don't Need No Doctor
Gary Wright – Love Is Alive
Spirit – Nothin' To Hide
Bluejays – I Dreamed Last Night
Rare Earth – I Just Want To Celebrate
Buckwheat – I Just Can't Turn My Habit Into Love
April Wine – I Like To Rock
Heart – How Deep It Goes
Wiggy Bits – Love Track
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – I Need To Know
The Babys – California
REO Speedwagon – I Need You Tonight
Supertramp – From Now On
The Allman Brothers Band – Wasted Words
U2 – I Will Follow
The Little River Band – It's Not A Wonder
Toto – I'll Supply The Love
Van Morrison – Into The Mystic
Charlie – Don't Look Back
Bruce Springsteen – I'm A Rocker
Styx – Jennifer
Status Quo – Is There A Better Way
Eagles – James Dean
The Greg Kihn Band – Jeopardy
The Sutherland Brothers & Quiver – Slipstream
Frank Zappa – Joe's Garage
Black Oak Arkansas – Jim Dandy
The Tubes – Don't Touch Me There
Kenny Loggins – Keep The Fire
Poco – Legend
Robert Palmer – Johnny And Mary
Stillwater – I Reserve The Right
Dave Mason – Let It Go, Let It Flow
Steely Dan – Time Out Of Mind
Lake – Angel In Disguise
Rush – Lakeside Park
The Rolling Stones – Let It Bleed

My own personal playlist this week.... I may have mentioned that i fired all of my psychiatric health-care professionals (a.k.a. bartenders). Some were good, but the one who was forced upon me the most often was terrible. I have new prospects and i'm hopeful but yet again i had to choose this week's albums on my own. I don't think i did too badly. Here's the list and yes, Christmas music is creeping in early this year....

Richard Thompson – Mock Tudor
Jeff Beck – Beckology
Max Webster – Max Webster
Jackson Browne – Lives In The Balance
Deep Purple – Machine Head
Dan Fogelberg – River Of Souls
The Kinks – Soap Opera
Roy Wood – Mustard
The John Renbourn Group – Live In America
The Beatles – Help!
James Taylor – Greatest Hits
Roxy Music – For Your Pleasure
Squeeze – The Best Of Squeeze
Tomita – Snowflakes Are Dancing
Kate Bush – The Sensual World
Natalie Maines – Mother
Genesis – Duke
Mike Oldfield – Ommadawn
Afro Celt Sound System – Anatomic
Roy Wood Wizzo Band – Super Active Wizzo
Court Yard Hounds – Amelita
The Kinks – Arthur (Or, The Decline And Fall Of The British Empire)
A Fine Frenzy – Oh Blue Christmas
Marillion – With Friends From The Orchestra
Cat Stevens – Buddha And The Chocolate Box
Nik Kershaw – The Best Of Nik Kershaw
Jon & Vangelis – Short Stories
Dixie Chicks – Taking The Long Way
Sheryl Crow – Threads
Genesis – Selling England By The Pound
Eliza Gilkyson – Land Of Milk And Honey
Steeleye Span – Winter

No comments: